• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Whity

Whity

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 June 2003 - 10:42 PM

Finaly I?m a proud owner of a classpad 300. It was a difficult decision, because i also had a closer look at ti?s Voyage 200. But I bought the classpad, and I?m happy with it- except for one thing: I am not able to put any add ins on it. Why ?
I installed the classpad manager, the delivered link programm PC - Classpad.It works, that?s what i could say for shure, I also get the connection between PC and Classpad. But if I want to load Files in the manager, to put them on the classpad .... nothing. the manager is only detecting for .msc files and I can?t change this. What the hell are msc files ?means this I am not able to put programms from other, older casio calculaters ( i.e. the FX ) on this damned PDA ? I bought it to make me pass my Physics graduates, and I downloaded a lot of programms for physics, most of them for the FX. I can?t believe Casio is selling a calculater prized like the classpad 300, and it is only accepting one mkind of files, most people even don?t know. So please, if there is anybody outthere, handling his classpad well, HELP ME !! :blink:

#2 Killer83Z

Killer83Z

Casio CEO

• [Legends]
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts
  • Interests:Guitar, Piano, Music, UCN<br />

• Calculators:
    Algebra FX2.0, CFX-9850G, fx-7000G, fx-7500G, TI-83, HP100lx

Posted 03 June 2003 - 05:51 PM

Certainly a lot of the hardware changed and old add-ins are not compatible with the classpad. I fear too few people own the classpad by now, so it's hard to verify this.

#3 2072

Casio over god

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1564 posts
  • Interests:Alternative states of consciousness, programming, making things work the best they possibly can.

• Calculators:
    AFX2 ROM 1.02, CFX-9940GT+, FX-180P-Plus

Posted 04 June 2003 - 12:38 AM

Ask Bitwise, he got one too.

#4 AlephMobius

AlephMobius

Casio Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

• Calculators:
    AFX 2.0+, TI-89, EL-9300C

Posted 04 June 2003 - 11:37 PM

Can one of you people who have a classpad tell me what the programming capabilities are? How slow is the onboard language and what compilers are available for programs written on the PC?

#5 2072

Casio over god

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1564 posts
  • Interests:Alternative states of consciousness, programming, making things work the best they possibly can.

• Calculators:
    AFX2 ROM 1.02, CFX-9940GT+, FX-180P-Plus

Posted 05 June 2003 - 05:40 AM

I dont own one but I think Casio is going to release a SDK for the classpad but it is not the same cpu than the AFX one at all...

#6 Mohamed

Mohamed

UCF Police

• [Legends]
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

• Calculators:
    AFX 2.0, PV-S660, fx-570MS

Posted 05 June 2003 - 11:21 AM

Only BiTwhise could answer, but since he moved to Norway, he wasn't able to come online, he told me there's no cable connection their, but we'll see him every now and then.

But I think that you'll have to re-write all the FX programs again for the Classpad.

#7 X-thunder28

X-thunder28

Casio Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

• Calculators:
    2 Graph100 (rom 1.02 and rom 1.03 (+) )

Posted 05 June 2003 - 01:01 PM

I dont own one but I think Casio is going to release a SDK for the classpad but it is not the same cpu than the AFX one at all...

hu? Where have you see that ??

#8 CrimsonCasio

CrimsonCasio

UCF Ambassador

• [Legends]
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3579 posts
  • Interests:Claculators, Stephen King, Video Games, Calculators, Programming, Calculators, Reading, Calculators... hmm, what else... Ah! Calculators!

• Calculators:
    Algebra FX2.0, CFX 9850Ga+, Classpad 300

Posted 05 June 2003 - 01:55 PM

So bitwise moved, I was wondering why he hadn't been on in a while. anyway I will have a classpad as so as they come out here so if he hasn't answered by then mabey I can help.

#9 CrimsonCasio

CrimsonCasio

UCF Ambassador

• [Legends]
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3579 posts
  • Interests:Claculators, Stephen King, Video Games, Calculators, Programming, Calculators, Reading, Calculators... hmm, what else... Ah! Calculators!

• Calculators:
    Algebra FX2.0, CFX 9850Ga+, Classpad 300

Posted 05 June 2003 - 10:35 PM

Hey, I just checked the casio site and the classpad can now be purchased there, so I should have one by mail not to long from now.

#10 BiTwhise

BiTwhise

Casio Overgod

• [Legends]
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 627 posts
  • Interests:Programming, games, consoles, martial arts

• Calculators:
    FX9700WE, CFX9970G, AFX2.0, Classpad 300

Posted 09 June 2003 - 07:43 PM

Heya :)

Last time I checked there were no add-ins released yet

There are to file formats you can load into the transfer manager, flash and ram files. From these you can exctract data and programs that can be transmitted to the calculator

Will have a closer look at it later

btw, I haven't really moved to Norway.. I allways lived in Norway :)
I study in Scotland, where we have broadband connection in our flat. But back home with my parents, all I have is a modem, and very restricted access :(
I'll bump in every so often when I get the chance B)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users